Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Christmas Projects

I like to read Ali Edwards' blog, and this month she is doing her "December Daily" album. Since I like to focus on primarly 12" x 12" albums, I think I am going to make a double page layout capturing our holiday preparations for my 08/09 album instead. Since I haven't quite completed my "Week in the Life" mini-album, I don't think I should start another mini just yet!

I have been inspired by her ideas to share the lead up into the Christmas Holiday, so I have begun blogging (on my Scrappin' Mom blog) about the holiday preparations. I am not one to hold off on the holiday prep, so I started well before the first of December and I would like to include all of those things as well, so I thought "Countdown to Christmas" would be a good theme. That way there is room for my October trip to Hallmark to buy ornaments, putting Christmas music on in the car at the beginning of November, family holiday portraits and of course "Black Friday" shopping. I have begun developing a layout concept, but need to think more about how to fit everything in!

I am going to continue to blog regularly about our holiday prep through out the month, and of course keep tabs on Ali's progress on her December Daily, but I don't anticipate starting my project until January. In the meantime, I will be working on finishing my "Week in the Life", making holiday cards for a card swap, copying recipes for 3 cookie swaps, actually sending Christmas cards, a handful of layouts and completing my Disney project during December.

No comments: